ANSTO offers a unique and highly specialised consultancy service. Businesses can benefit by access to a number of ANSTO facilities and services such as environmental analytical laboratories, training facilities, extensive radiation protection resources and strong links to research and industry. Our consultancy services include:
- assessments and recommendations for compliance to national and state legislation
- advisory service provided by Radiation Safety Officers
- development of radiation management plans for industrial, mining and medical organisations
- advice on source security compliance
Radiation source inventory
- identification and classification
- packaging for transport
- photo linked inventory
High activity source management
- advice on handling naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM)
- monitoring services for mining and oil and gas industries
- radiation surveys and baseline measurements for mine sites
- wipe tests
- X-ray, X-ray diffraction (XRD) and X-ray fluorescence (XRF) units
- radiation protection monitoring
Waste management services
- source identification, transportation and disposal
- decontamination and waste minimisation
- waste management planning and services
Managing land contamination
- site contamination surveys
- characterisation of radioactively contaminated land
- remediation of contaminants
ANSTO has been recognised for setting the benchmark in radiation safety training in Australia. Our range of radiation safety training courses provide valuable knowledge and expertise in radiation protection principles and practices.
Participants on our courses benefit from the unique opportunity to utilise our on-site radiation facilities and equipment to enhance their training experience.
Annual inspections and testing of operational radiation monitors are absolutely essential for the safety of staff working with ionising radiation sources and ensures that your practice adheres to current requirements set out by commonwealth and state regulators.
Quality calibration services
ANSTO provides reliable and traceable calibration services for radiation survey meters, contamination monitors and electronic personal dosimeters.
ANSTO has more than 20 years of experience providing this essential calibration service based on approved methods and standards.
Our reference sources are traceable to the Australian standard maintained by the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA).
ANSTO operates under ISO 9001 Quality Management System accreditation.
For question please see our frequently asked questions page.
Calibration and repair
Dose rate monitors
Surface contamination monitors
Electronic adjustment and minor repairs
Fast turnaround time –maximum of five working days from receipt of instrument to calibration
Reliable service with expert advice concerning evaluation of instrument performance
Accurate calibrations of radiation survey monitors against Cs-137 sources over a wide
After service support
After service support
Upon completion we will return the instrument along with a calibration certificate presenting the results and findings.
We will contact you in the lead up to the annual calibration date to ensure you maintain compliance to relevant regulations
Instrument calibration fees
|Instrument type||Price range (GST Inc.)*
|Dose rate meter / survey meter||$302 - $365
|Contamination monitor||$302 - $365
|Additional modes or probes||$108 - $130
|Neutron monitor||$372 - $450
|Personal electronic dosimeter||$116 - $140
|Tritium monitor||$455 - 550
*Price is dependent on quantity of instruments to be calibrated. Bulk discounts apply.
If you have any questions please send us your enquiry and a member of the team will respond.
If you are attending one of our on-site radiation training courses, please read the coming to visit page.